Silicone rubber is one of the many materials that can be used during metal masking. It has many useful properties that make it an effective masking product. It is also available in many varieties to work with your specific project. If you’re trying to decide what silicone rubber product would work best for you and the benefits of using it for metal masking, our handy guide is here to help.
Types of Silicone Metal Masking Products
- Silicone rubber tapered plugs – The tapered design means that these plugs can fit into a range of different sized spaces easily, forming a tight seal.
- Silicone plugs for powder coating – These self-threading plugs are ideal for creating a complete seal in any holes where you do not want powder coating to reach. They are also very easy to remove due to the flat head.
- Silicone pull plugs – These plugs are designed for through holes and are can resist higher temperatures.
- Silicone rubber tubing – Rubber tubing is a flexible option because it can be cut to any length, depending on your requirements.
- Silicone caps – Caps are a very versatile option for a variety of uses to protect a range of materials.
Benefits of Silicone Rubber for Metal Masking
Ability to withstand high temperatures
A huge benefit of silicone plugs and caps is that they can withstand very high temperatures, making them a very suitable material for use in metal masking. Silicone can actually withstand temperatures of up to 600°F, meaning that it stays perfectly in tact when coming into contact with high temperatures.
Silicone plugs and caps are highly versatile. Silicone is a stretchy material that allows ‘give’, meaning it can fit into many different sized crevices during the metal masking process. Silicone plugs and caps are also available in a range of hardness options to suit your application.
Available in various colours
Our silicone plugs and caps are available in a range of colours, meaning it is very easy to identify different sizes that you require for a specific project.
To find out more about our silicone plugs, caps and more for metal masking, call our friendly team on 01202 661300 and we will be happy to assist you. We aim to despatch your order same day!